Sunday, April 16, 2006

Another blog, another world.. "

Was almost going to make the title of this post "soul mates?", but that might imply a relationship closer than reality.

Have just found (bumped into, tripped over) a newish blog. Curiously, he's the same age as me, and if I could type faster than a somnolent sleepy snail, would - if I had more talent and lucid days - be the sort of stuff that would love to write.
(or to paraphrase one of the 'quotes' in one of the posts .. 'I still have the six-pack, but some of the cans are empty, and have lost the plastic thingo that keeps them together.')

Comments are welcome on my blog, but y' take yer chances..

Click on the title (which takes you to his first post only, there are others), read the 'rules', enjoy.

4 comments:

GreenSmile said...

Billy could prove an interesting correspondent. Nice catch, Davo.

Between the two of you I had to lay another aphorism:
A man who makes no secret, to himself or others, about his own shortcomings simply has one less shortcoming than his neighbors.

BwcaBrownie said...

Thanks for leading me to The One And Only Mr Billy Cook.
He absolutely had me when he described his Christian
neighbour's hobby: "likes to torture fish with catch-and-release".

He speaks of aiming to help at least one person every day.
We are on his team.
We can admire the Christian Ethic without admiring those who claim they follow it:
Pat Robertson, Billy Swaggart,etc.
cheers, Dave.

BwcaBrownie said...

damn - I omitted the obvious Australian : Tony Abbott Minister for Crap in that Christian Claims category

Davoh said...

Is Brendan Nelson still "Minister for Mis-education and Unintelligent design"?