Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Blood Moon rising

Had no idea that there was to be a celestial event, until this morning when i heard about it on the radio. Hmm, think i, interesting, must see if i can get some pics.

It has been grey overcast cloud cover all day, all evening. Drat, think i, so sent a thought email to the Weatherpixie. Set up camera on front lawn. 6pm, overcast; 6.30pm, still overcast. Oh well, think i, preparing to pack it in .. then, see the clouds begin to break.

7pm, see the moon, it's full, bright, shining .. then .. a dark shadow begins to creep up from the bottom ..







Thankyou, Weatherpixie.


Addendum: Does it "portend"anything? Nah, not really: just a Lunar eclipse, happens quite often (astronomically speaking). Whatever will be, will be. Had to smile at Ninglun's take on it, though.

5 comments:

Kathy Trejo said...

Your pics here are beautiful! I had to stare at the moon tonight myself...really nice out tonight.

your choice of music on blog is really nice too, moon the sound..goes great together :)

Link said...

Yes, pipt at the post.

Your blog is playing music. (I guess you know that).

And the clouds parted, looks like a portent to me or maybe it was more a portal.

Davoh said...

portal .. hmm, sounds good to me, a Portal to pleasant dreamings.

Wombat said...

I see the bad moon arising
I see trouble on the way
I see earthquakes and lightnin'
I see bad times today
Don't go around tonight
Well, its bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise

-- CCR

Davoh said...

oooer, Womby, that sounds a bit dire ..prefer ..

"By the light
of the silvery moon ..etc.", but then, was always a soppy sort of romantic underneath all the caparison of crap .. heh.