Saturday, October 29, 2005

paradox

Have been meaning to ferret around and see if I could find some good, but rarely seen , poems with a true Aussie flavour. However Peter, over at Holties House tells me that he has heaps, so am going to dump him in it and see if he will post a few. Here's one from the man himself..

The Spelling Chequer on My PC

Eye have a spelling Chequer
It came with my PC
It plainly marques four my revue
Mistakes eye cannot sea
I’ve run this poem threw it
Eye am sure yaw pleas too no
It’s letter perfect in its weigh
My chequer tolled me sew
Sew though eye try with all my mite
Too spell each word just write
And I’d steak my life upon each word eye right
Butt eye still get more wrong than eye get write
When they rote this spelling chequer
Its plane there wires were crossed
Yaw only knead too get it write
Is the dictionary yaw chequer lost


Peter Holt

1 comment:

Peter said...

Thanks for the plug Davo, I'm thankful you have only a select band of readers who are not likely to make too much noise shouting Author, author.